For travel, tourism, hospitality, MICE and transport professionals, the business advantage of joining Skål is obvious.
To join Skål International, complete the online membership application form.
By attending local meetings, National & International Congresses and other events, members are able to meet industry colleagues from throughout the world, and above all, able to network with Skålleagues within the industry.
These meetings are held in an atmosphere of "amicale", and give members the chance to make contacts on both a business and personal level, forging new and lasting friendships.
Skål is totally non-political and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, race, religion, politics or social standing. It does, however, support charitable causes.
The Florimond Volckaert Fund aims, through voluntary contributions, to help fellow Skålleagues and their immediate families who are in need or suffering personal hardship (serious sickness or the loss of personal property, for example). Operation Hope is an individual Club scheme to help orphans, disabled or under-privileged children, by organising social events, outings and holidays, whilst a youth exchange programme has been developed.
If you have been employed in travel and tourism full time for a minimum of three years at management or executive level, you would be eligible to apply for membership to Skål International. .
If you are interested in finding out more about joining Skål International in the United Kingdom, please send an email to our National Membership Officer below and they will be in touch with you by email about coming along to one of our forthcoming events in your area. Please indicate which club(s) you would like to contact you.
Benefits of joining Skål
- Contact for Business - more than 20,000 tourism related companies to choose from.
- Networking - 17,000 tourism professionals worldwide with whom to make contact.
- Moving to a new area - use Skål to meet other tourism professionals.
- Friendship and Amicale - developing new friends within the industry.
- Travelling - many opportunities to attend Regional, National, and International congresses, which often offer special travel arrangements.
- Monthly Meeting - giving an opportunity to meet local colleagues, and using the occasion of local venues to entertain business associates.
- Skål News - a quarterly Magazine issued by Torremolinos, has news and article of an international nature. Available both on the web site, and through your letter box.
- Access to the Skål Database - Worldwide Membership Directory, with appox 25,000 contacts at your fingertips. (available via Membership Password only)
- Membership Advantages - as a Skålleague, your membership of the Association will be recognised in many ways as you travel.